Re: Should delete-window switch to next buffer when there is only one wi

From: Ernest Adrogué
Subject: Re: Should delete-window switch to next buffer when there is only one window?
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 02:19:42 +0100

2014-01-14, 15:16 (-0800); Peter escriu:
> No, I think it is doing the right thing. It doesn't make any sense for
> YOUR code to delete the only window that exists. If it just switched
> buffers (to what? what rule should apply in this case? A random buffer
> selection?) then it isn't doing what you requested - which is to delete
> the window.

I was thinking from the user point of view.  In my mental model (which maybe
doesn't reflect how Emacs really works, but nonetheless) I think of windows
as being stacked, and when I do C-x 0 to me is like saying send the top
window to the bottom of the stack.  In this context, it would make sense
for C-x 0 to switch to a different buffer when there is only one window in
the frame.

> I think a bit more thought on your side should be applied rather than
> suggesting that Emacs behaviour change to suit you.

Ok, I will try to think harder before I make another suggestion. Sorry for
wasting your time!