Re: Should delete-window switch to next buffer when there is only one wi

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Should delete-window switch to next buffer when there is only one window?
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 08:31:26 -0500

> Currently if you attempt to delete an only window, the following message
> shows up
>   Attempt to delete minibuffer or sole ordinary window
> I think that perhaps it would be better if it switched buffers instead.
> What do you think?

While it might make a lot of sense in the way you use delete-window, it
does not make sense in general (e.g. it makes no sense in the way I use
delete-window, for example).

For me, when there's only one window left, delete-window should delete
the window's frame, and if it's the last frame, then it should
kill Emacs.  But I'm not sure this behavior would make sense for all
users either.

        Stefan