Re: read emails from a Maildir in gnus

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: read emails from a Maildir in gnus
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 17:48:42 +0100

> I set the .gnus to read the email from that dir, but the email don't
> appear in the gnu? Why this happens?

I had the same problem.  The solution was to create an according server
definition from the server buffer (you get there with ^ from the group
buffer), in my case the server definition looked like that:

(nnml "archive"
      (nnml-directory "~/Mail/archive/")
      (nnml-active-file "~/Mail/archive/active")
      (nnml-newsgroups-file "~/Mail/archive/newsgroups"))

maybe you want another backend than nnml.

Then you can add groups according to your directories in the group
buffer using this server, and finally read your mails via these groups.

I'm not sure whether there is a smarter method (anybody?).

Regards,

Michael.