Re: accented letters ( typing in )

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: accented letters ( typing in )
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 20:24:48 +0100

Am 17.01.2014 um 19:20 schrieb Michel Chassey:

> é can by typed in but none the others like è ê à â . I can type these
> letters anywhere ( as you can see ) but not in emacs.

Maybe it helps to set in GNU Emacs' environment variables like LANG or LC_CTYPE
to a different value than C, a 7-bit locale, to one that allows 8 -bit
characters – or even a value like fr_FR.UTF-8. Then you need to choose a
suitable keyboard for the X server, one that has the accents as "dead keys".
This works for me – but I am not using Ubuntu…

--
Greetings

  Pete

The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is the day they start
selling vacuum cleaners.
                                – Ernest Jan Plugge