Re: accented letters ( typing in )

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: accented letters ( typing in )
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 03:46:02 +0100

Michel Chassey <mycuser@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks for all your suggestions. To help clarify my
> set-up, I'm running emacs from the GUI and have
> enjoyed it since ubuntu 9 first installed it.
> Running emacs from the ctrl + meta + F1 terminal
> produces weird chars when I try accented chars.

To help you test further: Also try to run Emacs in a
terminal *in X*. Start a terminal, be it urxvt, xterm,
gnome-terminal, or what Ubuntu uses - look in the
menus, I guess - then type 'emacs' (to get the GUI, the
same as you get if you click an Emacs icon on the
Ubuntu desktop), and then instead try 'emacs -nw'. You
will see a slightly different thing. Does it work
there? Does it work in the terminal itself - that is,
with no Emacs (or anything) running?

--
underground experts united:
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573