Re: directory-files function - strange bug

From: Deric Bytes
Subject: Re: directory-files function - strange bug
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 10:37:05 -0800 (PST)

The code worked on my other machine which used 1252. Also it ran when the file
was on the C: drive but not other positions. As mentioned earlier I pasted the
foreign accent into emacs and pasted back into the filename and it worked, so
obviously some conversion of the character took place.

When I viewed the file in cygwin the – was shown as –??.

What is strange is that it worked on my c: drive and not my f: drive. I
returned it to my c: drive to test if it had undergone a conversion but it
still worked on the c: drive. I have changed all files with accents, as I do
not generally use them. I can get back to working again.

thanks for your help.