Re: I don't have C++ intellisense with company-mode

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: I don't have C++ intellisense with company-mode
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 03:19:48 +0200

Hi Jorge,

Jorge Araya Navarro <elcorreo@deshackra.com> writes:

> I was looking for company-mode to provide intellisense on C++ since it
> looked easy to install and configure. But I noticed that I got
> intellisense for many programming languages except C++. I did many
> screenshots showing that I have no intellisense in emacs[1] compared to
> that screenshot taken by the author who actually have it[2] (note that
> in his buffer says "company-semantic" and in my screenshots it just says
> "company").

In order to use Semantic, you must have `semantic-mode' enabled. Company
won't set up CEDET for you.

For example, you can refer to this guide:
http://alexott.net/en/writings/emacs-devenv/EmacsCedet.html
Or just `M-x semantic-mode' for a minimal configuration.

Another option is to install Clang, then, unless semantic-mode is
enabled, the company-clang backend will be used.