Re: I don't have C++ intellisense with company-mode

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: I don't have C++ intellisense with company-mode
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 13:06:30 +0200

Jorge Araya Navarro <elcorreo@deshackra.com> writes:

> I added (require 'cedet-cscope) and the error just appeared one level
> below:
>

> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function
> semanticdb-enable-cscope-databases)
>   (semanticdb-enable-cscope-databases)
>   (progn (semanticdb-enable-cscope-databases))

Not sure what's going on here. Looks like this function is not included
in CEDET that comes bundled with Emacs. At least, there's no
semantic/db-cscope here.

> that's some progress at least... I commented those lines and tried
> again, created a helloworld.cpp file that looks like this:
>

> #include <iostream>
>
> struct test
> {
>   int foo;
>   int foobar;
>   int bar;
>   char ch;
> };
>
> int main(int argc, char *argv[])
> {
>   test teststruct;
>   teststruct.foo = 10;
>   return 0;
> }

I've tried it, and it works for me.

> Idle Service Error semantic-idle-summary-idle-function: "#<buffer
> helloworld.cpp> - Wrong type argument: stringp, ((\"__THROW\" 0 nil nil))"

This already is an error inrelated to Company, so you can safely try to
report it. But to be sure, you should first disable Company and then
maybe enable semantic-idle-completions-mode (the one I suggested you
disable earlier). That way, you'll only be using the code from CEDET.

> I think that I'm doing a bug report for this issue (to the CEDET
> developers I guess?) :(

I've noticed you reported an error with eieio-object-name-string. That
looks new.