Re: colorization of mode contents

From: Haines Brown
Subject: Re: colorization of mode contents
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 15:56:02 -0500

Emanuel, I very much appreciate your guidance, but so far I've not been
able to get things working. Just to be sure, let me go through the routine:

I have a tex  document (LaTeX, BibTeX), class article, and then
  \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} %
  \usepackage{achicago}
    \bibliographystyle{achicago}
  \usepackage{times,comment,csquotes,lipsum,ragged2e,setspace,color,url}

In my .emacs I have the stanza:

  (font-lock-add-keywords
   '(latex-mode)
     '(("citeNP\{\\(.*\\)\}" (1 'font-lock-comment-face))))

I open the article emacs and see that it is LaTeX/P Fly mode. I then do
M-x latex-mode on the file.

In this article I type: \cite{value}. The "\cite" command is red and the
key word "value" is green.

I next type \citeNP{value}, and both the command and the key word remain
black. Typing M-x latex-mode again after typing does not help.

Haines