Re: colorization of mode contents

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: colorization of mode contents
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 16:51:05 +0100

Haines Brown <haines@histomat.net> writes:

>> You didn't type that correctly.
>
> Unfortunately I copied an experiment, and this
> parenthesis not the problem.

If you quote a left paren, that means the following is
read as it is, as data, or a *list* (with only one
'(element) in you case, but nonetheless a list).

Try evaluating the expressions below. If you understand
how that works, you are halfway into Lisp. But of
course, the final 5% will require more work than the
first 50%...

'(+ 1 2) ; list: (+ 1 2)
(+ 1 2)  ; procedure and arguments : 3

> Your suggested procedure shed some light on the
> issue. I put the code into a buffer, put the buffer
> into latex-mode, and the code worked, turning the key
> value for \citeNP{} red.

That's another good point, if you try to get something
to work, isolate it from everything else. This
particular case (achicago) I would never have guessed,
but that method is general, so you don't have to.

--
underground experts united:
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573