Gnus "suite" (was: Re: How to set up Emacs as a mail client (with mail s

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Gnus "suite" (was: Re: How to set up Emacs as a mail client (with mail saved/filed on an IMAP server))
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 17:01:51 +0100

James Freer <jessejazza3.uk@gmail.com> writes:

> Well done because I found Gnus difficult to set
> up... and gave up.  Rather too involved for me
> although I did set up Mutt but didn't find it to my
> liking. I used Alpine which reads the server well and
> works fine with emacs... for me and my more limited
> abilites.

Gnus is not difficult to setup. You just need like half
a page of skeleton code and put in a couple (5-6?) of
parameters that will tell what server to use for news,
what protocol and server to use to send mails, etc. -
just a couple of such things, that you always setup
anyway (no matter the client), and you get it from your
ISP.

There was a man on this list, Jambunathan K, who was in
contact with another man, who setup such fool-proof
configurations to get you started (called "suites"). I
don't know what happened to that project, or if they
got to Gnus, but no matter, Gnus is possible to setup
regardless of anyone's abilities.

--
underground experts united:
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573