Re: colorization of mode contents

From: Haines Brown
Subject: Re: colorization of mode contents
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 14:36:31 -0500

> But by isolating the code which "should" work, and it does, means we
> don't have to bother with that anymore - the error is somewhere else,
> and to find it we have to search elsewhere.

That, in my clumbsy way, was what I was trying to say ;-).

> And you did (I hope) find it! As for me I have done lots of LaTeX but
> I have no in-depth knowledge and most certainly not with respect to
> the zillion packages out there. So I can't confirm your hypothesis.

Well, I looked into the achicago.sty file and the achicago manual, and
find that neither defines colors. So if a color definition in .emacs
works, but gets overwritten, it looks like the problem lies somewhere
between .emacs and the achicago style, which may be AUCTeX. To ensure
portability, however, I may have to insert a color scheme for
\citeNP{key} into my tex file preable.

Thanks again (including for your patience for my bringing up material that
turns not appropriate to the emacs group).

Haines