Re: In defense of Customize [was: Trying to right-align my window on sta

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: In defense of Customize [was: Trying to right-align my window on startup]
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 17:19:16 +0000

> phillip.lord@newcastle.ac.uk (Phillip Lord) writes:
> It would be the same for me with several computers. The
> only way I could make that work is to consider them not
> shafts of a hub, but all independent. And I don't want
> that because then the benefits from all the time spent
> mastering *one* computer would be gone, and I would be
> aware of that, and that would be frustrating.

A computers a chunk of metal and is rarely something I consider beyond
the key issue which is where it is.

> But more importantly, I don't believe in the "always
> on" productivity way of thinking. Like in trains, I
> don't believe in having a laptop

Again, depends on what you do with a laptop. If I am travelling for
work, then I can use the time to work, or else I can listen to music and
then ignore my family when I get home while I catch up with work.

Easy decision.

Phil