Re: code listp to determine wich os I'm running on

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: code listp to determine wich os I'm running on
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 23:27:49 +0100

Renato <renato.pontefice@gmail.com> writes:

> (if (string= system-type "gnu/linux") (setq
> percorso-variable "\home\renato\Dropbox\emacs_prof\")
> (message "fatto")) (if (string= system-type
> "windows-nt") (setq percorso "c:/doc/Dropbox") ))
>
> It does,t works... :-(

No :)

With the `if' in Lisp, if you have more than one form
either for THEN or ELSE, you must use some block
container around those, else the first one will be the
THEN branch, and the second will be the ELSE branch.

So, for example, you can use the `progn' you used
earlier to set the variable *and* message "fatto"
("done" in Italian?) in case of the condition being t -

(if condition
  (progn (do-one-thing) (do-second-thing)) ; true
  (do-else-thing))                         ; false

Also, your Linux slashes are the wrong way (\ instead
of /). This also makes for the string delimiter (")
being *quoted*, so it doesn't terminate the string, but
is instead a string *char*, which should break the
whole thing.

But keep trying :)

--
underground experts united: