Re: password visibility for encfs in eshell

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: password visibility for encfs in eshell
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 14:57:08 +0100

Michael Eliachevitch <m.eliachevitch@gmx.net> writes:

> What should be notet, though, is that I use German debian repos, so the
> password prompt used the German word "EncFS-Passwort:" If I had known
> earlier that eshell uses a regex for password promt detection, I would
> have mentioned that earlier. When I have some time I'll try version 24.4
> or tinker with the regex. Just recently learned regular expressions ;)

Well, localized password strings have been added very
recently. "passwort" belongs to `password-word-equivalents'.

I've installed encfs on my Ubuntu machine, and I have tried it in a
German environment with eshell. The password for "EncFS-Passwort:"
hasn't been echoed.

Have fun with Emacs 24.4! With Emacs 24.3, you could fix it with this:

(setq eshell-password-prompt-regexp "[Pp]ass\\(word\\|wort\\|phrase\\).*:\\s
*\\'")

> Greetings, Michael.

Best regards, Michael.