Re: indirect-buffers and text-properties

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: indirect-buffers and text-properties
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 09:46:00 +0000

Andreas Röhler <andreas.roehler@easy-emacs.de> writes:
> Am 30.01.2014 16:36, schrieb Nicolas Richard:
>> Andreas Röhler <andreas.roehler@easy-emacs.de> writes:
>>> M-x org-edit-src-code
>>> uses an indirect buffer, but fontifies correctly.
>>
>> It is not an indirect buffer in my version, it uses generate-new-buffer.
>>

> Ah, thanks. When having a look into again, seems it's not used for languages,
> while `org-tree-to-indirect-buffer' has it.

It's also not quite what I want. With org-edit-src-code when you edit
the code, it pops up a buffer in the correct mode, then you edit but
only in this buffer -- the org mode buffer is unchanged, then it is
"commited" back to org.

I really want to see the two parts simultaneously, for the entire
buffer, but in two modes.

Phil