Re: Help with make install to a non-default directory - Emacs not findin

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Help with make install to a non-default directory - Emacs not finding lisp files maybe?
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 12:25:18 -0500

> library.  But looking back in the details of the configure log, I see
> that it silently skips other (non-vital?) libraries that it
> doesn't find.

Right, the question is what is "vital".
For some people, already the image libraries we require aren't vital at
all, while for others we should also require libxml and libgnutls.
Over time, we tend to require more libs, but libxml and libgnutls are
"recentish" additions so they're not required yet.

        Stefan