Re: Some problems of Emacs on my OS X 10.8.5

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Some problems of Emacs on my OS X 10.8.5
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 09:58:04 +0100

Am 23.02.2014 um 20:28 schrieb Jai Dayal:

> the environment plist file is what OSX uses to setup it's environment when
> you "log in":
>
> ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist

I am still with Snow Leopard, Mac OS X 10.6.8, but I think the use of this file
ended in Lion, Mac OS X 10.7. Later Launchservice must be used – and configured.

It's likely that GNU Emacs' internal variable exec-path might be set to a
different value than PATH in some interactive shell… It might help to create a
wrapper shell script "Emacs" in /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS for the
then renamed Emacs.bin that the launched process Emacs.bin has the same
environment as an interactive shell. XQuartz uses such a concept.

--
Greetings

  Pete

One person with a belief is a social power equal to ninety-nine who have only
interests.
                                – John Stuart Mill