Emacs-24.3 and verilog mode

From: Paul Fitch
Subject: Emacs-24.3 and verilog mode
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 10:46:40 -0500

I recently updated to 24.3 of emacs and now the verilog mode does not work.
The colors do not come up and when I try to add a line such as "temp <=
old_value;" when I type the =  I get a message that says "Symbol's value as
variable is void: last-command-char".  I get the same message at the end of
the line when I type the semi-colon which should terminate the line.

Is there a way to trace back to find out what is failing? Does anyone know
a fix for this one?

--
Paul