Re: sass-mode in emacs does not start on file load

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: sass-mode in emacs does not start on file load
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2014 22:34:38 +0100

strattonbrazil@gmail.com writes:

> I've added sass-mode to my .emacs file after installing it from the
> package manager, but when I load a .scss file it isn't in sass mode
> unless I specifically enter it (M-x sass-mode).  Do I need to add some
> hook specifically for .scss files to enter sass-mode on start?

I don't know anything about this package, but reading the code, I notice
that files must have a .sass prefix to be "recognized" - see

    (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.sass\\'" . sass-mode))

near the file's end.

If you think that it would be appropriate to assign a .scss suffix to
sass-mode as well, you should report this to the author.

Of course you can always add

    (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.scss\\'" . sass-mode))

to your configuration.

Regards,

Michael.