Re: closing emacsclient always focuses another emacs window

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: closing emacsclient always focuses another emacs window
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2014 18:45:55 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> How would that help?  And what is the problem in the first place,
> anyway?  Why does it matter who or what decides which other frame to
> give focus to?

As far as I understood, the OP wants that the X window that had focus
before emacsclient was called gets focus back, and not any Emacs frame.
I.e., Emacs would "give up" its focus for the benefit of the last
focused X window.  Without killing Emacs, of course.

I don't think that this is possible, but I agree that it could be a
desirable behavior.

Regards,

Michael.