Re: Character repeation detection

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: Character repeation detection
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2014 23:29:22 +0700

On Sun, Mar 9, 2014 at 12:47 PM, Tom <adatgyujto@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a function or package to detect if a character is typed
> repeatedly? E.g. if a is typed 3 or more times in a row (aaa...)
> then call a function.
>
> Is there an existing solution for this?
>
> It would even be better if it had repetition suppression, that is
> if I leave my finger on a key so I type a string of a certain character
> (aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa) then after the first 3 repetition
> the function is called and the rest of the repeated characters are
> removed from the keyboard buffer.

What kind of function do you have in mind to call in such cases?

Is it about preventing key autorepeat? Then just disable autorepeat in
your system, or set a very high autorepeat delay and/or low rate.

What about repeated key presses and releases, do you want to suppress
that too? You might want to enable a key filtering accessibility
feature.