Re: closing emacsclient always focuses another emacs window

From: trygve . flathen
Subject: Re: closing emacsclient always focuses another emacs window
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2014 12:50:46 -0700 (PDT)

kl. 19:54:00 UTC+1 søndag 9. mars 2014 skrev Michael Heerdegen følgende:
> Interesting.  And you used the -c flag for emacsclient in both cases,
> yes?

yup.

> Ok, let's try with the old advice mechanism:
> (defadvice server-switch-buffer (around test activate)
>   (when (ad-get-arg 0) ad-do-it))

Yay! That did it. And when I put it in init.el after server-start, all is pure
joy.

> You can (with a newly started server) also M-x debug-on-entry
> select-frame-set-input-focus.  If you get a popping up debugger after
> hitting C-x #, please send us the backtrace.

Yep, it popped up. If you still want the backtrace:
http://flathen.net/tmp/trygve-flathen.backtrace
I'd be glad to provide further test info if needed.

Thanks all of you for the help. Don't think I would've come up with that piece
of elisp anytime soon without it :-)

-Trygve