Re: watching for variable assignment

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: watching for variable assignment
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 17:59:48 +0800

>> I'm trying to somehow trigger a message or a backtrace whenever that
>> variable's value changes.
>

> You are looking for a "Write Breakpoint".  I haven't done much Elisp
> debugging.  Going by the docs, the following looks promising.
>
>     (info "(elisp) Global Break Condition")

Hey thanks! That's a new one for me, and does indeed look promising.
I've set edebug-global-break-condition to (eq nnimap-split-fancy nil),
and will see what happens. It says it tests the expression at every
"stop point". I haven't explicitly set any stop points; hopefully
they are set automatically, since the whole point of this is that I
don't know where to check for the assignment.