Re: replacing a function with another one

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: replacing a function with another one
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 08:54:47 +0100

lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de> writes:

> The function is defined in the source.  The documentation of it should
> tell you what it does and how to make it do that.  Besides that the
> documentation of advice-add doesn´t do that, advice-add is complicated,
> convoluted and cryptic.

It's only cryptic for you because you are not yet used to LISP and its
concepts.  This is no critic; the working of nadvice is just hardly
understandable for someone not knowing yet how `let' works.  This is
also no critic.  We have all started from the beginning, and I respect
that you start hacking with a quite ambitious project.  Once you are
having fun using higher order functions and such stuff, you'll see that
it makes some sense.

Michael.