Re: How to avoid y-or-n-p in a program?

From: Stefan
Subject: Re: How to avoid y-or-n-p in a program?
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 10:35:55 -0400

> Is it generally considered a (kind of) bug when a COMMAND (not a
> function) calls y-or-n-p unconditionally (or enforces user input in
> other ways)?

Not sure about "generally", but it's a good principle to decompose
a functionality into a "batch-only" part and an interactive wrapper.

So we probably wouldn't consider all such cases as bugs, but if
a particular case is problematic, you should definitely request the
change (which we may sometimes reject, of course, typically if it would
require too many/ugly modifications to the code).

        Stefan