Re: Make a defcustom dependent on another variable

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Make a defcustom dependent on another variable
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 09:17:15 +0100

() Joost Kremers <joost.m.kremers@gmail.com>
() 19 Mar 2014 23:05:21 GMT

   The code seems to work (the resulting customisation option works),
   but I was wondering a) if there are any hidden problems I'm not
   aware of; and b) if there is a more canonical way of doing this.

If you have the GNU Emacs source, you can grep for "choice.*mapcar"
and see how others do it.  I see 9 hits.  I choose one that is from a
fundamental library -- minibuffer.el var ‘completion--styles-type’ --
and find it in the lisp/ChangeLog.16 entry dated 2011-10-03 authored
by Stefan Monnier.  I feel comfortable using this technique now.

If you do not have the GNU Emacs source, then you can question your
sanity / situation / style / subjugation, until you do...  :-D

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen
   GPG key: 4C807502