Possible problem using emacs on mounted filesystem.

From: glen stark
Subject: Possible problem using emacs on mounted filesystem.
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 14:35:53 GMT

Hi everyone.

I'm not sure if this is an OS problem or an emacs problem.  The problem
only manifests itself for me on emacs, so I'm starting there.

I have a folder on an older linux server that I mount with the command:

sudo mount -t cifs -o username=xxx,uid=xxx //pdxenlin66/home/stg xenlin

I use emacs to edit the file.  I edit fine, but when I save the file, the
next time I try to edit the buffer I get the message "X changed on disk;
really edit the buffer?".

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here?  This is the first time I
have such an issue.

Thanks,  Glen