Re: Arbitrary folding in emacs

From: Tim Visher
Subject: Re: Arbitrary folding in emacs
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 07:45:53 -0400

Hi Kashyap,

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 5:50 AM, C K Kashyap <ckkashyap@gmail.com> wrote:
> narrowing the region is kind of opposite of what I am looking for - but
> I'll give it a shot - I am not familiar with it.

To be clear, what I believe Eli is saying is to mark the entirety of
the buffer that you're interested in seeing, and then Calling
narrow-to-region. If you highlight the stuff you don't want to see and
call narrow-to-region, it will indeed have quite the opposite effect
of what you're looking for.

I too would be interested in being able to hide away a region as vim
is capable of, but I've never heard of a feature like that in Emacs.
It might be a very useful extension to hs-minor-mode.

--

In Christ,

Timmy V.

http://blog.twonegatives.com/