Re: Low level trickery for changing character syntax?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Low level trickery for changing character syntax?
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2014 09:09:21 +0200

Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Thorsten,

> assume an imaginary elisp library gro.el I cannot (or don't want to)
> change that is used on files of type A, with functions matching these
> kinds of strings:
>
> [...]
>
> Or is this completely unrealistic and the only way to achieve it is to
> change the hardcoded regexps in (imaginary) library gro.el?

I don't know a good generic way to achieve what you want, but maybe you
can get pretty far in a concrete case anyway.

I assume you want to use parts of org-mode in programming mode buffers.
But which parts?  I only use its convenient cycling of outline headings,
and that's pretty easy to setup.  I can post the code if wanted.

Bye,
Tassilo