Re: find-grep-dired: skip .git

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: find-grep-dired: skip .git
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 21:56:37 +0700

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 7:19 PM, Torsten Bronger
<bronger@physik.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:

> I think my find-grep-dired actions lose a lot of time in .git
> subdirs.  Can I tell Emacs somehow to skip them always?

Although this is not what you ask for, you might try ‘grep’ using the
following value of ‘grep-command’:

git --no-pager grep -nH -Ee ''

(you put the regexp between those quotes).

Alternatively, you might try diving into sources of ‘find-grep-dired’
and getting dired to run on the result of “git --no-pager grep -l -Ee
'your_regex' | xargs ls”, but this assumes you are on a unix-like
system.