Re: ediff pause after finishing session

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: ediff pause after finishing session
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 22:58:44 +0200

Sam Halliday <sam.halliday@gmail.com> writes:

> * quit (y/n)
> * overwrite (y/n)
> * (3 second pause)
> * kill buffer (y/n)

Looks like `ediff-write-merge-buffer-and-maybe-kill' is the culprit.

> > Does anybody have any experience in skipping the pause? (or at least
> > explain why it happens and why it cannot be disabled).

In Ediff, lots of such stuff is hardcoded - including the behavior you
see.  The pause was probably added to make the user see the feedback
from writing the file.

I too find the behavior irritating, but there's probably no easy way to
fix it on a user basis.  You can try a bug report, but I doubt it will
be treated soon.

Michael.