Re: one key-press to comment out lines of code?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: one key-press to comment out lines of code?
Date: Thu, 01 May 2014 16:15:11 +0200

Joost Kremers <joost.m.kremers@gmail.com> writes:

> True. But knowing about `string-rectangle` is a good
> thing. You never know when you find yourself in an
> Emacs challenge competition and you have to comment
> out a region without using `comment-region` or
> `comment-dwim`. ;-)

Always: the more knowledge the better. At least for
knowledge that can be applied (skill or capability are
perhaps better words).

Are there really Emacs challenge competitions? I can't
say I'm attracted to that because though I always want
to do things with speed, I never want to be stressed,
with deadlines, people shouting and being frustrated,
etc. I'll save those juices for a real crisis (like a
fire or whatever). But it would be interesting to watch
if such an Emacs challenge has been recorded and made
available for example on YT.

--
underground experts united:
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573