Re: Semantic completion of C++ class members

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Semantic completion of C++ class members
Date: Thu, 01 May 2014 23:29:24 +0200

Jacob Gerlach <jacobgerlach@gmail.com> writes:

> My understanding of semantic mode is that it should
> offer completions based on class definitions.

What does "semantic" mean in this context?

> For example, given
>
> MyClass A;
>
> A.-|-

"-|-"?

> Alternatively, I have not tried to use anything like
> CEDET, so if a better solution is "just use CEDET"
> (or whatever else), I'm open to anything.

Really? :) In that case, let me offer the same piece of
advice I always do in these matters.

1. If you cannot do it already, then learn to type -
preferable as fast as you can think. (When you get
close, those two activities will merge more or less.)

2. Always make an effort to use short names for
everything, names that are descriptive and easy to
spell (and type). Doing this over and over, it'll be
second nature and you can even relax your memory a bit
- just "name" the thing again, and the same thing will
pop up (that won't work every time, but often enough).

--
underground experts united:
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573