Re: flycheck on Emacs24

From: haines
Subject: Re: flycheck on Emacs24
Date: Fri, 02 May 2014 12:57:35 -0400

Thanks for the help. It led to find out about ELPA. While I was at
it I also modularized my emacs init file. That all worked out nicely,
although it seems gnus init file is no longer auto-line wrapping.

But the bottom line is that I used ELPA to install flycheck. It
seems to have succeeded at least to the extent it shows up as a minor
mode when I display a file. How to use it I have yet to look into
because it does not produce the dramatic colored highlight of
flymake (I see there is an ELPA package to colorize, and I may
try that).

I am worried a bit ELPA's compilation of the package. There was an
error that it was unable to activate package "f". The required package
"s-1.7.0" is unavailable. When I look at s.el, I find :

  s-buffer is an installed package.

I see that flycheck is no longer displayed in ELPA's package list.
I wonder if this is because it is installed? The error makes me
also wonder if the flycheck that I managed to compile and install
is fully functional, although off hand it seems to be working.

Haines