Re: .mailrc

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: .mailrc
Date: Sat, 03 May 2014 01:50:40 +0200

phillip.lord@newcastle.ac.uk (Phillip Lord) writes:

>>> I use bbdb mail aliases. The association works the
>>> other way around (the name has an alias, rather
>>> than alias has a name).
>>
>> I want both, I want names and addresses to have
>> aliases that, in turn, can be used in aliases to
>> setup groups.
>
> You have misunderstood how aliases work.

No I have not.

I want aliases for individuals (name, mail) and aliases
for groups (defined as aliases for individuals).

People change e-mail, but I never change aliases. If
anyone changes e-mail, that should be data that occurs
once so it can be changed at one place.

Now, in the ~/.mailrc, if I put aliases in an alias to
form such a group, when it is expanded, it is expanded
*into the aliases* - those can of course be expanded in
turn, by hand, but that's not optimal.

So the question is: how can I expand the ~/.mailrc
aliases recursively in the message-mode headers?

PS. One more uncalled-for insult from you and I'll put
you in my KILL file and be done with it. DS.

--
underground experts united:
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573