Re: gnus-user-format-function extract header

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: gnus-user-format-function extract header
Date: Sat, 03 May 2014 01:54:19 +0200

David Hume <David.Hume@example.com> writes:

>> If you check out the gnus-summary-line-format help,
>> you see a long list of what to put in it, and almost
>> every option is related to headers - what header
>> information do you want to show, that isn't possible
>> to show already the built-in way?
>
> I have checked it out, that's how I found out about
> %uQ. But the information I want is from a
> non-standard header.

Try this:

(defun gnus-user-format-function-A (header)
  (format "%s" header))

(setq gnus-summary-line-format "%2{%U%} %0{%I%a%} %1{%s%}%uA\n")

As you see, the header argument doesn't seem to be
*all* headers. If you add a goofy header, it doesn't
appear.

But: you have a mean of identifying the message, so I
take it you can hit the disk, extract the goofy header
with a grep (and cut), and return it.

--
underground experts united:
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573