Re: setting default font name

From: Hans BKK
Subject: Re: setting default font name
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 12:30:19 -0700 (PDT)

On Sunday, May 18, 2014 7:36:29 AM UTC-4, Haines Brown wrote:
> I have several different ways to start emacs 24 according to different
> functions. They are started with scripts that point to different init
> files. For example, in one script I have:
>
>            emacs -q -l ~/.emacsUtil $1

Most likely not germane to your specific font-setting issue, but FYI I've found
using a launch batch/script to set a different (could just be an empty
"scratch") $HOME - allowing me to use a vanilla .emacs as normal rather than -q
to be useful in troubleshooting and experimenting with different setups.

One side benefit is that this approach allows Customize menu settings to be
saved.

http::/groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/gnu.emacs.help/hansbkk/gnu.emacs.help/czMrv9Zquks/K74mJ63iQPcJ