Re: exit XML suing .xsd schema

From: Grant Edwards
Subject: Re: exit XML suing .xsd schema
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 22:00:57 +0000 (UTC)

On 2014-05-19, Grant Edwards <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> I need to create/edit some XML files for which I have .xsd schema
> files. nxml-mode seems to the preferred way to edit XML in emacs, but
> nxml-mode only understands the .rnc schema language.

Yow, did I butcher the subject line in my OP.

>   $ trang asdf.rng asdf.rnc
>   /home/nextgen/profinetio/schema/asdf.rng:1112:65: error: "any(lax:##any)"
> is not a valid local name
>   /home/nextgen/profinetio/schema/asdf.rng:1213:60: error:
> "any(lax:##other)6" is not a valid local name
>   /home/nextgen/profinetio/schema/asdf.rng:1220:37: error: "any(lax:##other)"
> is not a valid local name

I went through the .rng file and changed those names like this:
  "any(lax:##other)6" -> "any_other_6"

That seems to have made trang happy and nxml seems to be verify files
(mostly) using the resulting .rnc.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Why are these athletic
                                  at               shoe salesmen following