Re: RTF for emacs

From: Rusi
Subject: Re: RTF for emacs
Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 20:17:58 -0700 (PDT)

On Sunday, May 25, 2014 7:52:03 AM UTC+5:30, Emanuel Berg wrote:
> Question is, is there a similar way to include not the
>
> ASCII, but the UTF-8 versions of the diagrams? I tried
> the same way, only it got stuck on pdflatex on the very
> Unicode.

xetex (xelatex) and luatex are intended to solve this.
I need to say however...
After 3 days of struggling including some 1 G of downloads and setup fiddling
I hear that it may not be (quite) working.

So currently I am torn between:
On the one hand xelatex does not work, classic latex works
On the other this is freakin 2014 do we still stay in 1980 and write
\alpha \beta \gamma \delta ... \omega and \sum and \forall
when we can directly write α β γ δ … ω ∑ ∀ ??

Note Haskell can already do ≠ instead of /= Likewise ∧ ∨ instead of
ugly and obsolete && ||

More examples:
http://blog.languager.org/2014/05/unicode-in-haskell-source.html

And a more tongue-in-cheek poke at unix assumptions about ASCII
http://blog.languager.org/2014/04/unicode-and-unix-assumption.html