Re: no gnupg directory under elpa?

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: no gnupg directory under elpa?
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 17:56:09 +0800

Thien-Thi Nguyen <ttn@gnu.org> writes:

> () Eric Abrahamsen <eric@ericabrahamsen.net>
> () Tue, 27 May 2014 12:16:07 +0800
>
>    Have I missed some step in package initialization, or is this just
>    because no one has provided signatures with their packages?
>
> AFAICT (from "grep sig elpa/admin/*"), ELPA does not produce signatures.
> I don't know if individual packages do so.  (My contributions are not
> signed because i wasn't even aware of this package.el aspect until now,
> and there is no mention in the ELPA README.)
>
> BTW, i agree that the red "unsigned" field is somewhat disconcerting!
>
>    just (require 'package) and then a couple of (add-to-list
>    'package-archives) statements.
>
> What do you see for packages installed from archives other than ELPA?

All installed packages are red and unsigned, and have *nothing* in their
archive column -- it's not just ELPA, it's also Melpa and Marmalade.
Hitting "?" on the package shows something like this:

multiple-cursors is an unsigned package.

Other versions: 20140527.359 (melpa), 1.3.0 (marmalade).

All the packages are like this: Archive says n/a, but it's pretty
obvious that I'm using one of the "Other versions".

All the uninstalled ("available") packages have values in the Archive
column, and under the same header in the info page.

I wonder if I should just make a list of installed packages, hose the
whole thing, and start over...