Re: RTF for emacs

From: Rusi
Subject: Re: RTF for emacs
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 22:17:55 -0700 (PDT)

On Thursday, May 29, 2014 6:25:09 AM UTC+5:30, Emanuel Berg wrote:
> James Freer writes:

> > I just wanted to know if emacs was going to produce a
> > word processor plugin or whatever.

> Come to think of it, perhaps that's not a bad idea and
> some people should have done something to that extent,
> I'm sure (because there are zillion Emacs projects) -
> perhaps checkout the Emacs Wiki for "RTF" or "word
> processor"? Perhaps those projects lost steam with the
> Org-mode success.

> Before this thread, I thought Org-mode was sort of the
> Emacs equivalent of a word processor but turns out it
> is some sort of markup system which sounds like another
> markup language to learn - might as well use HTML or
> LaTeX directly in that case, it would seem...

Yeah org is a "some sort of markup system"

* Html export and web publishing
* Latex publishing
* odt (libreoffice) export

* Tables and spreadsheets

Yeat but its a rather strange sort of markup system.

Eg it supports

* Brainstorming
* My-own-private hyperlink system (aka wiki-like)

* Time/project mgmt
*** Agenda
*** Time tracking
*** Effort estimates
*** GTD
*** Journalling

* Syncing with IOS/Android
* Reproducible research and literate programming
* Meta-programming system

... yeah a rather strange kind of markup system