Re: Frustrated with Font issues

From: Jai Dayal
Subject: Re: Frustrated with Font issues
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 13:22:14 -0600

No, I'm simply saying that the fonts available in other applications are
not available with emacs. If I make it Monospace-10, emacs then actually
changes the font.. I can see the fonts change, but they don't look like
monospace-10 at all. instead, if I do C-u C-x = I get
 x:-misc-fixed-bold-r-normal--13-120-75-75-c-70-iso8859-1 (#x3B)

Which is not monospace 10 at all. So either Emacs isn't understanding
Monospace-10 (when every other application is), or it's displaying
Monospace 10 completely differently from every application.

I've also installed a whole bunch of font sets and updated my font-cache
and other applications can see these new fonts, but with emacs, the fonts
available through set-frame-font are the same as they were before. Emacs is
indeed using a different set of fonts than every other application known to
man.