Re: Suppress user-prompting when calling commands in programs

From: Nicolas Richard
Subject: Re: Suppress user-prompting when calling commands in programs
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 16:20:39 +0200

Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:
> I seem to remember that a solution for this exists, but I can't find
> it anymore. Thanks for any hint.

flet would work but is obsolete. See Stefan's
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2013-04/msg00429.html
for possible replacements (namely cl-letf and advising).

OTOH, is it really not possible to change the function upstream ? "bar"
could be made an optional argument upstream (possibly with proper
interactive spec), or the body of the let form could be factored out as
a function for you to use.

--
Nico.