Re: send selection or current line to Terminal/iTerm

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: send selection or current line to Terminal/iTerm
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 15:22:22 +0100

klebsiella <pierre.khoueiry@embl.de> writes:

> Hi John,
>
> It works like a charm ... very efficient,
>
> Though, one small improvement will be to send the whole current line,
> instead of the symbol only, when no region is selected.

I still can't work out why you have to do all this.  If I understood
your first posts all you want is inter-program paste.  That should just
work.

I don't have to do anything special to paste into an xterm or a
gnome-terminal on Xubuntu, it just works.

You should try to find the intended way to do this.  Recently I've seen
two posts (one here and one on Reddit/Emacs) where people have tried to
work around clipboard problems using xsel and it hasn't worked properly.
The system functions for clipboard interaction, like xsel in X11, are
quite difficult to use correctly.

Have you tried reporting this to the maintainers of Aquamacs or
Emacs-for-OSX?

BR,
Robert Thorpe