Re: send selection or current line to Terminal/iTerm

From: klebsiella
Subject: Re: send selection or current line to Terminal/iTerm
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 11:09:07 -0700 (PDT)

Dear John,

Many thanks again. One error was produced (I believe this will be the last
;)), when the assignment contains quotes. i.e the following will produce in
error in R:

file <- "myFile.txt"
Error:
> file <- \"myFile.txt\"
Error: unexpected input in "file <- \"

I believe that "iterm-escape-string" is replacing the quote (") by (\"),
which is sent to iTerm then.
Also, is it important to have the first replacement in "iterm-escape-string"
(replace-regexp-in-string "\\\\" "\\\\" str nil t). I find it useless
myself, unless if I am missing something,

I do believe that it can be useful for others but maybe additional tests
have to be done. I will be happy to report bugs in such a case.

All best