Re: Error message: 'Quit: "empty or unsupported pasteboard type"

From: Sebastian Wiesner
Subject: Re: Error message: 'Quit: "empty or unsupported pasteboard type"
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 15:31:26 +0200

Am 19.06.2014 um 14:31 schrieb Jonathon McKitrick <jmckitrick@gmail.com>:

> On Friday, June 13, 2014 9:27:25 AM UTC-4, John Mastro wrote:
>> Hi Jonathon,
>>

>>> On Jun 13, 2014, at 4:46 AM, Jonathon McKitrick <jmckitrick@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>

>>> Emacs is suddenly complaining when I kill a line in any mode.  Not only
>>> does it complain when killing the line, but it will not yank after the line
>>> is killed.
>>

>> I think I've run into this before.
>>

>> Try putting this form in your init file:
>>

>> (setq save-interprogram-paste-before-kill nil)
>>

>> Best,
>>

>> John
>
> That seemed to work, thanks!  I wonder why this error started happening
> suddenly?

"save-interprogram-paste-before-kill“ is broken on OS X in Emacs 24.3 and
below, but it is normally disabled, so the error does not normally occur.  By
installing better-defaults however you indirectly enabled it, hence causing the
issue to manifest.

You can also update to Emacs 24.4 pretest, where the issue is fixed.