location of "*Backtrace*" buffer

From: Toomas Rosin
Subject: location of "*Backtrace*" buffer
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 16:16:28 +0300

Hello!

I have an Emacs session running for about three weeks now.  A couple of days
ago, a strange phenomenon started to occur: each time I do something which
invokes the debugger (e.g., do a `yank-pop' without a preceding `yank'), the
backtrace buffer appears always in one and the same frame (instead of in the
frame from which I issued the offending command), which is especially annoying
when I happen to work in another frame, on another desktop (which in fact means
almost always).  (I'm working under KDE.)  What could be the matter?  Is there
a way to get the normal behaviour back without exiting Emacs and without
closing the frame in which the backtrace buffer now always appears?

I have `display-buffer-reuse-frames' set to `t', but resetting it to `nil' has
no effect in this respect.  I also tried playing with `debugger-bury-or-kill'
(from debug.el), with no luck.

Can somebody help me?

Thanks in advance,
T.