Re: image-dired question

From: marcowahlsoft
Subject: Re: image-dired question
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 10:34:55 +0200

Hi Steven,

> Emacs 24.3.1, Ubuntu 13.10
>
> I'm just learning about image-dired, and am having a quirk of
> functionality that has stumped me. In a dired buffer, I mark several
> files (such as a-file01.JPG, another-file02.JPG, and five or so
> more). C-t d opens them in a neat-looking row, with the first flashing
> because point is on it.
>
> RET opens this first file in another buffer---very neat!
>
> However, when I hit space to move forward to the next image, point goes
> to the end of the row, and the minibuffer tells me "no thumbnail at
> point." If I use back-arrow key or C-b to try to backtrack to any of the
> other thumbnails, point returns to the first one. So far I haven't been
> able to expand anything but that first thumbnail.

I see the same here on Arch with Emacs 24.3.1.  This looks like a bug.

Possibly you want to move the cursor with M-x forward-char and backward-char
until the fix.

BTW the problem does not occur with the current Emacs 24.4 development
version.  So you might switch there.

HTH,  Marco
--
Marco Wahl -- Freelancer