Re: Emacs Mini Manual (PART 3) - CUSTOMIZING AND EXTENDING EMACS

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Emacs Mini Manual (PART 3) - CUSTOMIZING AND EXTENDING EMACS
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2014 16:16:18 +0200

James Freer <jessejazza3.uk@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm very grateful for the time you have spent
> although now after a couple of weeks I have learnt
> enough to be happy with. I've found using emacs-nox
> and forgetting about the gui is worthwhile and taking
> time to learn from the cheatsheet. It would be nice
> to have the 'mini manual' in pdf then one could print
> it out and read on the train (or similar times when
> one is away from the PC).

Do my ears deceive me?! Finally a guy with class!
F*ing right!

I haven't seen the particular document, though. I will
read it tonight and probably get back to the OP with
some comments.

If you don't like to just print and read the HTML, you
can use several tools to get it to PDF. You can use
html2ps, and then ps2pdf - html2ps is in the repos,
ps2pdf is part of ghostscript, which is likewise in the
repos. (There are other ways to do this as well.)

--
underground experts united:
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573